Visitor Services Supervisor
Pay Band: 2 Upper
Contract: Fixed-term from 18th March 2019 – 4th November 2019 for 32 hours a week including weekends.
We are recruiting for a Visitor Services Supervisor at National Trust for Scotland property, Thomas Carlyle’s Birthplace in Ecclefechan.
As a supervisor for a Trust property, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the management objectives are achieved and provide excellent customer service.
You will act as the ‘face’ of the Trust to our visitors and suppliers with delegated responsibility for retail, events and duty management.
- Providing operational coordination
- Influencing public perceptions of the Trust
- Developing and maintaining the property’s local and national reputation
- Supervising admissions, retail, membership recruitment, visitor services & events
- Ensuring that commercial, financial, and conservation objectives are achieved
- Following the Trust’s policies, priorities, performance standards and targets
Essential skills and experience:
- Computer literate
- A full clean UK driving license
- Ability to achieve sales targets
- Previous events or management experience
- Organisational, admin and time management skills
- Experience of working in an operations role in the retail/visitor/heritage attraction industry
If interested in this great opportunity, please complete the application with your CV.