Technical SEO Specialist
Reach Plc is looking for a talented Technical SEO Specialist to work on SEO projects across the group. Situated in the Data team, this role is key to continuing the growth in natural search traffic for Reach Plc. Working closely with the SEO team, data engineers, and the wider product team, the successful candidate will have experience auditing enterprise websites with millions of pages, a strong understanding of SEO and experience using leading auditing tools.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Perform regular detailed SEO site audits across our portfolio of editorial sites and any new ventures as defined by the Head of SEO
- Research, define, input on prioritisation, and where relevant project manage technical SEO developments in liaison with the SEO developer and product teams, with guidance from the Head of SEO
- Report and present results and suggestions on a regular basis, with a focus on measuring success of suggestions in terms of rankings or traffic
- Analyse crawl logs and suggest changes to website infrastructure to improve crawl efficiency and prioritisation
- Work with other parts of the business, including third party partners, and ensure that all existing and proposed developments from the product and engineering teams comply with SEO best practices
- Work with the SEO developer to create monitoring programmes which identify technical issues as they arise
- Monitor performance of AMP platform and ensure implementation is best in class for search
- Support the creation, testing, launch and validation of whole and partial-site redirect mappings
- Configure and manage Google Search Console properties
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.