HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Where in the world of OVO will I be working and what will I be doing?
We are looking for an outstanding HR Business Partner to join our London office. We are in the midst of an exciting time here at OVO as we pave the way to ensure that our teams are all aligned and equipped to harness technological advances and deliver great consumer propositions - ultimately creating more abundant clean energy for everyone.
OVO’s vision is to deliver clean, abundant energy for everyone. We started out as a retail energy company with a belief that we could do energy better through fairer pricing, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. As we evolved it became clear that OVO could bring even more value to its customers, transitioning to a smart services company that would develop innovations in energy technology.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
You will be a crucial part of the People team, reporting to our People Director, working across all Group functions and supporting an emerging and growing part of our business, VNet/ETP (which is developing a series of customer propositions that harness flexibility in Electric Vehicles, batteries and electric heating systems).
With the freedom to find innovative solutions to a number of important people challenges, your key responsibilities will be:
- Working independently to deliver exceptional service and support to all client groups in order to foster true engagement and drive high people performance
- Acting as a true business partner to key stakeholders, including Heads of Departments and Directors
- Coach leaders to equip them with the right skills and behaviours to lead their teams through growth and change
- Build relationships with key managers and identify people management issues that are driving or limiting business success
- Implementing the performance review process, ensuring consistency of approach is taken across the business
- Work with People Director to support driving and implementing people initiatives which will directly impact on improving employee NPS scores
- Partnering with the People team to ensure consistency of approach to ensuring we remain an employer of choice
- Project lead on key strategic people projects across client groups, ensuring projects are delivered collaboratively and with a positive people impact
- Own the employee relations case list for the business, ensuring all cases are dealt with effectively and in line with our policies, procedures and values
- Responsible for all OD/restructures within client group, managing the people change workstream to meet overarching change objectives
- Build succession plans with client groups, developing strategies to mobilise and develop HiPOs across the business and de-risk areas critical roles
- Embed and promote OVO Values in all people strategies maintaining our culture and people engagement
- To support the effective delivery of a high performing HR service
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
- Preferably Graduate calibre and Chartered CIPD qualified
- Proven HR generalist experience gained in a fast-paced, progressive environment (ideally within a Tech/Product led organisation)
- Strong HR business partnering and coaching skills
- Strong personal impact and relationship building skills, with the capability and energy to drive change
- A practical ‘hands on’ approach to all HR issues
- High pace, resilience, gravitas and high level of credibility and customer service
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor junior HR team members
- An excellent understanding of employment law and related legislation
- Strong commercial acumen and highly developed analytical skills to investigate, design and implement HR solutions
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly.
We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of HR Business Partner, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources, HRBP, Human Resources Manager, HR Manager, Senior HR Advisor, Senior Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, HR Generalist.