Employee Relations Advisor
Elite HR have an exciting opportunity for an Employee Relations Advisor to join our client's team based in Portsmouth. Reporting to the ER Manager, you'll be responsible for providing expert advice that encourages and enables line managers across the business to take accountability to resolve ER cases in line with employment legislation and policy.
Working in partnership with another advisor, you'll provide comprehensive advice to all business areas, fully managing and challenging cases from initial contact to conclusion.
This is a fast-paced role handling a high volume of cases at any one time.
- Provide pragmatic and timely advice remotely on a wide range of cases including disciplinary, grievance, and appeal and investigation meetings and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Coach and influence line managers to ensure the right outcome is achieved in each ER case.
- Provide assistance in the management of claims, collating and preparing documents.
- Provide advice to line managers on Long-Term Sick (LTS) cases to enable them to progress cases to a satisfactory conclusion in a reasonable timescale.
- Assist in the management of employee consultation, redeployment or termination of employment through TUPE and redundancy exercises.
- Assist in the review and amendment of employment policies in line with changes to employment legislation and codes of Practice.
- Ensure all ER admin is produced accurately and on time.
- Attend hearings and meetings by exception as the management representative to advise and take notes.
- Participate in the provision of formal training to improve capability in managing ER cases, including conducting investigations and formal hearings, conduct versus capability, decision making and note-taking.
- Provide ER activity reports that identify the number and types of cases and outcomes. Make recommendations to further improve approaches to managing all ER cases.
- Support the delivery of the wider HR strategy across the business.
Required experience and skills;
- Sound practical experience of successfully managing an ER caseload, demonstrating knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Generalist HR experience ideally in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work dynamically and respond to changes in deadlines, as well as being able to plan and prioritise effectively
- A confident communicator with good interpersonal skills including the ability to coach and influence
- Strong attention to detail
- A solution based approach to problem solving
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- CIPD Qualified (or working towards)
If you're passionate about people and have a background in a fast-paced environment then this would be the right role for you. In return, the company will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.