Hostel Support Officers / Support Worker
Job Title: Hostel Support Officers
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
Salary: £10 - £11 per hour
Job Type: Casual Work
Closing date: Monday 29th October 2018
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 13th November 2018
The Council serves an area that includes two national parks, with the majority of the stunning Lake District National Park in their district, as well as western parts of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. With friendly communities, low crime rate, cultural attractions and stunning locations working there makes an attractive proposition for one and all.
They have recently embarked on an innovative and forward thinking journey, implementing their Customer Connect Programme which will transform the way we deliver services, by maximising digital technology and putting customers at the heart of everything they do. The programme will improve services by allowing their valued customers to do business with them in a simpler way. Through Customer Connect their continued aim is to elevate the District as the 'best place to live, work and explore'…would you like to join them, share the experience and make a difference…?
They are currently looking to recruit casual Hostel Support Officers to provide high quality support and service to the individuals and families at Town View Fields Hostel in Kendal.
The duties will include:
- Controlling and Monitoring access to the Hostel
- Ensure new residents are conversant with the license conditions and aware of procedures
- Assist in developing, implementing and regularly reviewing support plans for service users
- Enable service users to achieve independence in all areas of their life
- Keeping computer and written records and participate in the wide range of administrative tasks necessary for the smooth running of the Hostel
- Liaising with statutory and voluntary agencies as appropriate
- Ensure that all accommodation (communal and individual rooms) is regularly checked to ensure acceptable levels of cleanliness
The working hours will be on a rota basis and will include day, evening, weekend, bank holiday working and sleeping-in duties overnight.
The selected candidate will need to maintain confidentiality about service users, staff and the Authority, promote equality of opportunity and a respect for diversity and will be required to consent to an enhanced with lists Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Council's careers page.
Candidates with experience of Support Worker, Hostel Support Worker, Homelessness Support Assistant, Homelessness Support worker, Support Assistant, Social Care, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Vulnerable Group Support, Social Outreach Officer may also be considered for this role.