Health & Social Care Trainer
Job Title: Health & Social Care Trainer (Ref: HST/AH)
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £23,000 pa pro rata for 18 hours per week (£12 per hr)
The Trust (a well-established charitable care provider in Olton, Solihull) is currently seeking a part time Health & Social Care Trainer for a newly created post, working 18 hours per week.
The main duties include developing a values based annual training programme to ensure that all staff in their residential care home and extra care scheme receive regulatory and mandatory training as needed, to support the development of and to deliver elements of their in-house Induction programme for new staff, volunteers and trustees, to provide personalised on the job coaching and to carry out learning outcomes assessments.
They offer excellent working conditions, multiple employee benefits including pension, employee assistance programme, flexi-time scheme and free life insurance.
- Experience of delivering training to groups in the health/social care sector.
- Expertise in Dementia, Older People and Adult Health and Social Care Settings
- Knowledge of mandatory training within health and social care including medication and first aid delivery.
- Level 3 Health and Social Care Qualification or above
- Teaching Qualification PTTLS or AET Level 3 or higher teaching qualification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities and one's own time with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to present workshops in a creative and engaging manner suitable for staff who have varied and sometimes limited knowledge of course subjects
- Car driver and regular access to own vehicle
As the post involves working with vulnerable adults, an enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates by the Trust.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
(IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully)
Candidates with experience of; Health and Social Care Assessor, Assessor, Trainer, Teacher, Qualified Teacher, Health Care Assistant, Care Support Worker, Residential Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Carer, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Worker, Care Management, Healthcare Assistant, Health Assessor, Social Care Tutor, Apprentice Mentor, Healthcare Trainer, Health and Social Care Trainer who hold the relevant qualifications will also be considered for this role.