Croma Vigilant are currently seeking a full time Permanent Security Manager based at Teesside Shopping Centre.
Teesside is one of the nation's top shopping destinations. It offers a whole range of the UK's favourite retail brands. As well as a vast selection of shops, there are lots of places to stop to eat and drink. With this in mind we are looking to appoint a forward thinking leader to maintain a safe and secure shopping environment for customers and staff.
- Hourly pay rate of £9.69
- Working a mixture of days, nights and weekend shifts. Applicants must be flexible
- Variable hours up to 48+ a week (optional Overtime available on rest days)
- Full and ongoing training with a view for career development including opportunities to progress.
- Great Working Environment
- Competitive annual leave
- Company uniform provided
The Security Manager must maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security officers on site to ensure they provide a professional, responsive and observant service. The customer experience should be at the heart of everything you do. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for providing inspirational leadership to a team of Security Officers in line with our client’s expectations.
- Set clear goals and expectations of individuals in the team, by coaching and providing consistent feedback.
- Under go World Host Customer Service Training and issue guidance and retrain Security Team.
- Ensure the fair and consistent application of all Croma Vigilant policies and processes, including and not exhaustive of; exclusion policies, attendance management, capability, disciplinary, grievance and probation. Lead on decisions around long term sickness.
- Involvement in the recruitment of new team members and responsible for the integration of new starters and their induction into site security. Identify talent and develop any top performing team members in line with the companies training and development policies/process.
- Able to work in each role within the team. Act as a role model in terms of knowledge and understanding of each individual task the team undertake.
- Strong delivery of key communication messages at the start and end of each shift that creates a motivated and collaborative team. Also communicate and support the team through periods of change.
- Deal swiftly with any issues relating to staff performance and/or team issues by having ‘in the moment’ conversations, ensuring any follow up action or escalation happens.
- Demonstrate and lead a competent health and safety based culture within the team. Ensuring that all personnel on site comply with HSE guidelines and company Health and safety policies that are in place.
- Frontline Security Guarding or Door Supervision SIA licence
- Fully comprehensive 5 year work/education history; including full company names, addresses and landline contact numbers.
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Excellent communication & administration skills
- Must be punctual and have the ability to think in their feet
- Reliable with excellent time-management skills.
- Smart, well-groomed and confident.
- A commitment to providing first class customer service is essential
- Good report writing skills
- Conflict management aware
- High level of Customer Care Awareness
- Security systems knowledge
- First Aid training would be an advantage
- IT literacy would be an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent