Trade Counter sales/Order Picker
Thomas Potter Limited are a leading distributor of fasteners, pipeline components and associated products used in many industry sectors.
We have an immediate vacancy at our busy trade counter in Cramlington.
Serving trade customers, as well as members of the public, the role involves dealing with customer enquiries, interpreting their needs, picking goods from the warehouse and dealing with payments.
At times when the counter is not as busy you will also be expected to pick goods from our warehouse to a picking list and box them for delivery.
This is a busy position and requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate must be computer literate and have a good work ethic, preference will be given to applicants who have previous product knowledge in our market sector.
This is an exciting opportunity for a reliable and trustworthy individual to join a fast-expanding company and there will be opportunity for promotion within our organisation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpreting customer requirements and entering orders on our computer system
- Processing orders as efficiently as possible.
- Checking of your own work to ensure accuracy.
- Packing orders for delivery by our own drivers and external couriers.
- Helping other team members as required.
- Carrying out housekeeping duties and following Health and Safety standards.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Tidy, organised and efficient.
- Reliable with excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Occasional Saturday mornings when required
- This is a permanent position
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of applications expected, we are unable to respond to each application individually, we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course.