Support Worker BLUS72354
Our client is an adult social care provider, rated as outstanding by CQC for their Domiciliary Care support. They are proud of their history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities and support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. They employ 1000 staff and are committed to their development. You have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
As a Support Worker, you will predominantly be supporting people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) to live full and active lives within the community. The people they support may have a sensory or learning disability, mental health difficulties, physical disabilities, complex health needs or mental health difficulties. The combination of these needs will require an individual who can demonstrate excellent communication skills, the willingness to try new things, patience and resilience. You will need to demonstrate an enthusiastic and caring attitude to work.
To be a successful Support Worker you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to work using your own initiative and demonstrate a proactive approach
- You are a great team player
- Patient and calm under pressure
- An interest in outdoor activities such as swimming, games and enjoy long walks
- Ability to use a range of technology –internet, emails, Microsoft Office, smart phone, iPad
- Able to motivate others and build their confidence to try new things
They will trust you to:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and their families
- Support people to achieve great outcomes
- Observe change within the individual’s circumstances and respond accordingly
- Support and facilitate learning and independence of individuals to achieve continuous growth
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Pension salary sacrifice scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
All their posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. They are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and they welcome applications from all sections of the community. They guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Support Worker BLUS72354
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly