Business Support Executive
Business Support Executive
Contract is 18 months
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Business Support Executive. This is a contract role based in London for 18 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £41,500 per annum, based on experience, plus benefits
The Corporate, External and Legal Affairs team is a team comprising three principle areas of focus:
- Government Affairs, which manages our relationship with government, creating a positive operating environment in which the business can thrive.
- Philanthropies, which drives our work with charities and beneficiaries of our philanthropic programmes around digital skills.
- Commercial Legal, which partners internally with sales and product groups and externally with customers providing a full range of legal services to help accelerate our customer's digital transformations.
In undertaking this work, we work closely with government ministers and Members of Parliament, executives within the UK's largest companies, regulators, membership bodies, young people, charities, NGOs and a range of other stakeholders, including our own colleagues in a number of time-zones. With so much of our work external facing, there are lots of moving parts and very busy schedules.
We are looking for an individual who has a positive outlook in business and life, someone who can manage adversity, change, and complexity. The real measure of success is the extent to which our teams want to work with you, and how you go about cultivating the culture we need for growth. You'll need to have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and communicate confidently with stakeholders as you will be managing a busy schedule and some of the busiest inboxes in the industry. To succeed you will need to set your own pace, and quickly understand our complex business, internal structure and the external political environment that we operate in.
A typical day in this role can include:
- Proactive planning/organising complex diary management.
- Diary, expenses and travel arrangements for two roles (Director of Corporate Affairs and Director of the European Central Legal Team)
- Assist multiple individuals with expense reporting, raising purchase orders and team budget management.
- Multi-destination complex travel management.
- Support for visiting executive visits, customer and partner meetings and departmental activities.
- Help with preparing documents and PowerPoint presentations
The ideal candidate will be:
- Energising individual
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage budgets accurately and compliantly.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High level of confidentiality, discernment and judgement, particularly in view of the sensitive work the team does and the political stakeholders it engages with.
- Strong executive administrative potential with ability to prioritise workload independently.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to collaborate effectively with all working styles.
- Relationship management skills.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently make deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability and willingness to continuously acquire new skills and accept new challenges.
- Strong communication - oral and written. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and a range of stakeholders.
Deadline for CV submission: Monday 8th October @ 11
Apply for Business Support Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly