Project Manager / Building Surveyor
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester. We are a “profit-for-purpose” organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
We have a vacancy for a Project Manager/Surveyor. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the main responsibilities of this role are:
- Participate in the effective delivery of the planned and cyclical works programme.
- Prepare contract documentation.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of Section 20 process relating to leaseholders.
- Compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Undertake pre-contract meetings.
- Manage risk and compliance in the service area.
- Deliver accurate performance information and reporting.
- Ensure that systems are managed to capture and use data.
- Ensure customer interactions are managed professionally, on time and to a high quality.
It is essential that the successful candidate has a building related degree and a demonstrable knowledge of building contracts. Evidence of strong performance in project management, including defects and budget management is essential as is experience in contract administration. The candidate must also have experience of preparing specifications and schedules of works for tenders.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has their MRICS or MCIOB qualification and has worked within planned maintenance. It is also advantageous if the candidate has delivered decent homes programmes. Experience of the asset management function of a Registered Provider is also desirable.
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme, annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email
Apply for Project Manager / Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly