Litigation Executive / Personal Injury Paralegal / Legal
Job Title: Personal Injury Paralegal
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £17,500 plus commission of 2% payable monthly in arrears.
Working Hours: 39 hours per week, 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
The organisation is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. They pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people.
They are looking for a full-time role handler for all their Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority cases. You will be working within a supportive team however this is a stand-alone role and would suit someone with a desire to help others, while running a full-time caseload with the discipline and knowledge that requires
What they are looking for?
- Previous background knowledge of Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority claims an advantage
- Previous case management experience of high volume caseload an advantage
- A focus on driving cases through the scheme process to conclusion
- Knowledge of Proclaim Case Management System
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to deal proactively and confidently with difficult clients
- Proficiency in handling multiple enquiries and managing own time to ensure all enquiries fully pursued.
- Be able to deal with and talk sensitively to clients about issues of a sensitive nature
- Experience of handling customer/client enquires on either the telephone or face to face.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and objection handling skills.
- Ability to present relevant information to management in a concise manner.
- Be able to perform and meet targets (ordinarily fee income, time recording and caseload). Applicants should be committed and hardworking individuals who enjoy operating in a autonomous environment with weekly supervision.
- The role involves the use of IT systems and therefore computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, is essential.
- 1 to 3 year's personal injury claimant experience.
- Completion of a legal qualification (LLB, GDL, LPC)
They always recruit and retain the best staff. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- Active social committee, firm pays for e. Weekly Boot Camp, regular events such as Bowling, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue.
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT.
- Free fruit delivered to the office on a weekly basis.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance cover - 2 x salary based on annual salary - eligibility commences when you join the company
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience of; Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, Junior Legal Executive, New Client Assistant, Litigation Paralegal, Graduate, Legal Executive, Paralegal, LLB, GDL, LPC, Litigation, Legal executive may also be considered for this position.