Our Vision, Mission, Values and Policies
To shape the future of education by delivering excellence in all aspects of our work, in order to realise the ambitions of our learners, city and region.
Exeter College is a professional, dynamic college with a Mission statement and Strategic plan that underpins what we do. We have a number of policies that control and guide the way we operate.
The college obtains the views of staff and students on its review and development of the strategic plan and mission through planned staff consultations at various levels throughout the college and through the student Learner Voice programme.
Students and staff are involved in the corporation's oversight of its activities through staff and student representation on the Board of Governors - for more information please contact the Clerk of Governors.
The Estates Department’s mission is to create and maintain safe, accessible and comfortable physical environments, provide quality resources, facilities and services for all learners, staff and visitors.
We are looking for a professional, proactive and highly customer focused individual to join our Estates team to build on and improve our customer focus and the service we provide to our customers within Exeter College.
As an Estates Services Assistant you would be part of a team who are responsible for:
- Assisting our customers in a variety of ways, such as setting up classrooms for exams and open events or moving and storing furniture
- Providing a professional postal service which includes sorting the post, as well as delivering it to all our College sites
- Carrying out minor repairs and general maintenance work
- Ensuring that the College’s security is maintained and so building patrols and the operation of surveillance equipment
- Relevant work experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work flexibly within a team
- The ability to move goods and equipment in accordance with manual handling guidelines
- A full driving license (essential as you will need to drive a College vehicle)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site Gym with variety of classes including spinning, yoga and Pilates
- Spa discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Staff Development fund
- Leadership and Management Programme
- Staff Discounts on IT Software, taxis, gym membership and more.
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team in the College.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 17th October 2018 at midnight.
Interviews will be held in Exeter on Wednesday 31st October 2018.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
Exeter College is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please click Apply below.
Exeter College provides tertiary education for around 10,000 – 12,000 students. The college was established in 1970 as the first tertiary college in the UK, bringing together the former grammar schools' sixth forms and Exeter Technical College.
WHY WORK FOR US
Exeter College is a thriving and growing tertiary college which places teaching, learning and student success as our top priority. We enjoy an excellent regional reputation. The College was judged as outstanding by Ofsted in a pilot "no notice" inspection in 2012, and again in a public inspection in 2014. We were awarded the Times Education Supplements' College of the Year Award in 2012 and are currently the BTEC School/College of the Year 2014/15
In recent years the College has won a number of prestigious awards, including featuring twice in the Sunday Times "Best Places to Work" survey.
We depend on exceptional people to sustain our outstanding performance and therefore offer excellent conditions of employment and extensive professional development to all our staff.
Meet some of our students
Apply for Estates Services Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly