Hixon, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
It is envisaged at this stage that this contract will be for a minimum of 9 months however this could be extended or shortened depending on the duration of maternity leave cover required.
Where you'll be working
A successful, fast-paced multi-site manufacturing business with an ambitious growth strategy between now and 2025.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of a small, fast paced, finance team, you will undertake a varied portfolio of tasks including purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and administration duties.
Here are a few key areas of responsibility:
- Processing purchase invoices onto the purchase ledger, matching to purchase orders, goods receipts and stock transactions as appropriate
- Investigating reasons for discrepancies between supplier invoices and purchase orders with resolution as appropriate
- Responding to customer queries in a timely manner
- Completing supplier statement reconciliations, filing of supplier statements, communicating with suppliers to request copy invoices or resolve issues as and when required
- Working accurately and efficiently to ensure purchase ledger is up to date, particularly at month end
- Managing supplier payment expectations
- Generating sales invoices onto the sales ledger with reference to delivery notes and order confirmations
- Checking pricing on sales invoices for accuracy
- Transmitting invoices and statements to customers
- Credit control duties including chasing payments from customers
- Maintaining customer credit limits, ensuring customers operate within agreed terms
- Liaising with Production, Engineering, Sales and Purchasing staff
- Maintaining professional communications with external contacts
What you'll need to succeed
Need to know
- How to use all core Office software packages
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV would be an advantage.
Need to have
- Previous experience of working within a finance department within a similar role
- Drivers licence an advantage due to location
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, processing high volumes of transactions
- Good telephone manner
- 5 GCSE's grade A to C to include English and Maths/equivalent experience
- Accounts related qualification would be advantageous or equivalent experience
- Good IT skills