3 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for an outstanding Team Leader with strong leadership skills who can build on a strong start and develop the service further.
Our Redthread team support young people to overcome their challenges through dynamic youth work programmes. We launched our Birmingham service in July at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital to support young people who have been victims of violence or sexual assault, are seeking mental health support, or want to find a new home beyond the reach of a gang.
“Redthread youth workers are doing an incredible job helping young victims to move away from the circles that led to them getting hurt” (Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London, July 2016)
The purpose of the role is to:
- Lead the Youth Violence Intervention Programme team, overseeing the daily management
- Ensure that Redthread’s model of intervention is delivered consistently and appropriately
- Contribute to the development of programmes, projects and activities in a team
- Equip the team to carry out youth violence training sessions for hospital staff
- Provide regular support to identify improvement and development opportunities
- Assist with fundraising events and maintaining the growth of a supporter network
Key skills and experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience of working with young people
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of child protection, safeguarding and current best practice
- Thorough understanding of young people’s needs and issues
- Able to work independently and with a multi-disciplinary team
To apply please complete the application and attach it in the form below.
Hours: 37.5 hours including evening and weekend working
Interview Dates: First interview on Weds 31st October, second interview on Mon 5th November, and final interview on Tues 6th November
Apply for Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly