Accounts & Sales Administrator- £20k DOE
Brook Street are proud to be working with a leading commercial supply company based in Southampton who specialise in providing high spec equipment to the catering industry.
Our client are an independent run business and are seeking an Office Administrator to join their team, in a Sage Line 50 environment, who is both willing and able to work within both the Accounts and Sales teams. Due to the varied nature of the role you will require a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. There will be customer contact so a high degree of customer service ability and an excellent telephone manner is very important. You will be required to make decisions and be able to think on your feet with a good knowledge of general software packages such as Excel, Word, Outlook and Sage.
- Day to day accounting requirements: customer invoicing procedure, chasing overdue amounts and dealing with queries.
- Month end routine procedure and customer statements. Period updates and reconciliations
- Bank reconciliation.
- Booking in Received Supplier Orders. Matching Purchase Invoices to Packing Slips. Check invoices accurately against packing slips.
- Reconcile purchase ledger on a weekly/monthly basis to supplier statements;
- Cover for absence and part time members of the sales team which includes booking couriers, handling inbound calls from Customers providing sales and technical information and taking telephone orders, including payment details, for different brands whilst gathering necessary information to process orders.
- Willing to be flexible and perform any additional tasks that may be required
- Manage emails and compose appropriate responses to queries, complaints and orders in a timely manner.
- Create and Update various internal databases
- Work closely with other team members to ensure all orders are dispatched accurately and on time using the most suitable method
- Processing the returns of faulty or unwanted items.
- General office administration including website maintenance including prepare listings for new products, so that they may be uploaded on to various sales channels like our own website(s), Ebay and Amazon. This involves accurate description writing and editing photos.
- To assist in all other aspects of the business as necessary.
- Continuous daily computer use for all of the above
- Confident telephone manner and excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly motivated with the initiative to work to a high standard in a small close-knit team
- Previous experience working within accounts / sales and customer services with a preferable technical bias
- Excellent written communication and numeracy skills
- Proven IT skills using MS Office
- Ability to work accurately meeting tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active approach to work and be able to demonstrate this
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good sense of humour
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality required.
Previous experience in commercial catering equipment, accessories and spares preferred but not essential.
The ideal Candidate would have to be adaptable as the post holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary of approximately £20k per annum. Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street`s website. For more information please contact Ben at Brook Street team on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.