Here at Brook Street we recruit for the central government finding the right people for administrative and clerical positions in and around the Bedfordshire area.
Bedford probation is looking for a highly organised full time administrator to join their team.
- Organising and coordinating events
- Manage the Head of Bedfordshire's Local Delivery Unit's Diary
- Act as the first point of contact for the Head of LDU, using initiative and responding to or directing queries to the relevant parties
- Screen the Head of LDU's calls, general correspondence and e-mails
- Provide a full range of secretarial and admin support and assistance
- Producing a range of material from correspondence to complex confidential reports
- Maintain a well-organised electronic and manual filing system
- Support planning and finalising of agendas for meetings, overseeing co-ordination and distribution of paperwork
- Take minutes at meetings and distribute to relevant parties
- Liaise with colleagues and partners to deal with enquiries and co-ordinate appointments
- Coordinate meetings, booking rooms, arranging refreshments, preparing material, greeting visitors etc.
- Strong administrative background
- Good time keeping and time management
- Computer Skills essentials (Word/Excel/Outlook.)
- confident talking to the general public
- Self-motivated & able to work as a team and individually
- Excellent communication skills
All successful candidates are subject to successful Disclosure Scotland background check.