Business Development Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Place of work: Any location served by The Community Foundation, (but primarily Stafford)
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Responsible to: Business Development sub-committee
Salary: £21,268 per annum (pro-rata for part time positions)
- Flexible start times 8 days paid holiday per annum (pro-rata for part time employees) Additional guaranteed Christmas leave, (from 2 days before Christmas to 2 days after New Year) 5% employers pension contribution regardless of employee contribution Discount scheme at many high street stores Free parking Supportive and nurturing working environment to support employee development
General Description of post
- Proven experience of successfully generating new business relationships alongside excellent management of existing supporters.
- Persuasive and professional communication skills that inspire support.
- High degree of creativity with experience of developing and delivering presentations.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels and collaborate effectively to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive and opportunistic approach to meeting and exceeding targets.
- To maximise income for the Foundation through engaging all sectors of the community in fundraising and supporter activities.
- To develop and account manage successful partnerships with the corporate sector.
- To recruit, develop and manage volunteer fundraisers from all sectors of the community, including Friends and Community Groups.
- To develop and implement a fundraising plan to meet agreed income targets and objectives, within agreed budgets and aligned to the overall Fundraising strategy.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with supporters, donors, volunteers and team members.
- To research and deliver appropriate platforms from which to advocate the work of the Foundation.
- To support the work of the Foundation at events which include fundraising events, cheque presentations, talks and any other activities deemed necessary by the Chief Executive.
- To provide regular reports to the Chief Executive and to contribute to the planning of the Foundation through regular attendance and input at meetings.
- To ensure that accurate and appropriate records of fundraising activities and income are maintained in order to effect efficient administration of the Foundation.
- To ensure that all fundraising activities and promotions carried out comply with the Foundation`s policies and protocols, fundraising best practice, Institute of Fundraising codes and all relevant legislation at all times.
- To keep abreast of developments in voluntary sector fundraising.
- To respect confidentiality of all information obtained whilst working for the Foundation.
- To contribute as required to other activities within the Foundation in order to achieve the overall income target.
- To undertake other such duties which may become appropriate from time to time in order to achieve the Foundation’s objectives.
- Occasional unsociable hours are a prerequisite of the position, which may include evening and weekend work. Time off in lieu is given for additional hours
Training And Education
- To attend staff development programmes, training courses and study days as deemed necessary by the Chief Executive.
- To take personal responsibility for attendance at mandatory training,
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring all competency assessments are completed and reassessed on an annual basis if applicable to role
- To take personal responsibility for identifying any gaps in knowledge / skills and taking appropriate action to rectify this
Communications And Working Relationships
- Subsequent to the Foundation’s policies on professional and personal relationship boundaries, the post holder is expected to foster excellent working relationships with all service recipients, staff, visitors, volunteers and donors. In particular they are expected to deal sensitively with all children, young people and families with whom they come into contact.
- To act at all times in a professional manner, respecting the need of colleagues and co-operating to maintain a harmonious working environment.
General Terms and Conditions
The days and times of work generally fall within standard office hours, but may vary according to operational needs. The post holder may be required to work flexibly to cover for the absences of colleagues and for other operational reasons.
Policies and Procedures
The post holder must comply with the policies and procedures of The Community Foundation. The post holder will be made aware of relevant policies and procedures during induction and mandatory staff training.
The Foundation has to continually modify and improve its service. This will inevitably mean that modification of structures and thus job descriptions may prove necessary. The post holder will be expected to co-operate with changes, which the Chief Executive may wish to introduce, subject to consultation.
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive but outlines key tasks to be undertaken. It will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder on a regular basis and will be adapted to meet the changing needs of The Community Foundation.