Health Care Assistant
The Care Assistant works as a member of the caring team and carries out assigned tasks involving direct care of the residents, supporting the work of and supervised by Senior Care Assistant. The Care Assistant will also carry out other tasks, which assist the smooth running of the Home and give comfort and safety to the residents.
1. To participate and ensure that high standards of residents’ care are achieved taking into account individual residents needs.
2. Assist the Senior Care Assistant to carry out individual care.
3. Carry out caring procedure once induction training is completed and the care assistant has been assessed.
4. All staff are expected to attend handover ten minutes before their shift is due to start. This is to ensure that they are aware of the condition of the residents or any relevant information that management are required to pass on to staff.
5. To be expected to carry out various tasks including:- cleaning and making beds, cleaning bath after use, commodes, bedpans, urinals, washbowls etc. Keeping sluices and cupboards clean and tidy, ensure residents’ rooms are kept tidy and clean, wheelchairs and equipment are maintained, serving meals and clearing away.
6. To liaise with all those involved in the work at the Home thus ensuring a smooth running and efficient Home.
7. To help achieve aims and objectives of the Home.
8. To participate in any training and educational programmes provided, and all mandatory courses that are required of you.
9. To know the fire policy of the Home and be fully aware of the positions of the fire alarms and equipment.
10. To report any problems arising and any accident or untoward incident.
11. To carry out any other duties deemed necessary by the Manager.
To apply or for more details please email and forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the apply button.