Mechanical Engineering Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Mechanical Engineering team at Lubrizol’s European Test Facility at Hazelwood, near Derby.
As a Mechanical Engineering Technician you will be involved in a range of engineering activities and ensure the safe and accurate completion of the work. You will also need to maintain excellent customer service.
- Installing automotive test rigs by bench fitting, assembling, fabricating, welding and machining
- Solving complex problems and delivering effective solutions
- Undertaking maintenance of plant infrastructure and interpreting technical drawings
- Provide input on project timing, material ordering and other resources.
- Suggesting areas for improvement
Lubrizol is a market-driven global company. We combine complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products, whilst reducing their environmental impact.
Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. This includes include lubricant additives for transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, ingredients for home and personal care products, and specialty materials.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths
- Completed an industrial apprenticeship
- A City & Guilds Certificate (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in bench fitting and assembly work
- Experience fabrication including MMA (Arc), MIG or TIG
- Knowledge of mechanical procedures and machinery
- Awareness of safety legislation, procedures and quality systems
- Competent in general machining with CNC experience - desirable
Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.