Senior Support Worker – Offenders HEST68834
Join our clients’ brand-new offenders service in Richmond!
They are a charity supporting adults and children in crisis. Their new Offenders team in Richmond is looking for a Senior Support Worker, who, as part of the team wants to create and maintain a positive culture of respect with both service users and colleagues and contribute to delivery of the sentence plan in conjunction with colleagues in probation, the police and other external agencies.
They are a multiagency service supporting and empowering offenders residing within the community. They believe in someone’s capacity to change and their staff work with this view in mind. If this is something that resonates with you, they would love to hear from you.
They welcome applications for their Support Worker roles from those with relevant experience or new qualified criminology students and also those with lived experience.
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with others to provide a flexible and responsive approach
- The ability to learn quickly, gather information and make defensible decisions
- The capacity to maintain firm boundaries, using authority legitimately whilst working pro-socially and positively with people
- The ability to receive, process and accurately record detailed information, sharing it with others as appropriate and within the framework of confidentiality
- An understanding of the emotional and behavioural impact of trauma and the ability to work with people who may be display a range of emotions, behaviours and communication challenges
- Having a solution focused approach and the capacity to work constructively and collaboratively towards problem solving
- Being optimistic about the possibility of change and peoples capacity to change
- A calm, assertive, persistent and non-judgemental approach
- The ability to work within a structured, busy and sometimes pressured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
In return they offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
Our client is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 21 October 2018
Interview date: 29 October 2018
About our client
They support adults and children across London in times of crisis. Last year they worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, they support and enable people at the moment of crisis.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.