Technical Inspection Officer
JOB TITLE: Technical Inspection Officer
ADVERT EXPIRY DATE: MIDDAY on 10th October
SALARY: GBP35,027 per annum
JOB LOCATION: Dorking, Surrey
HOURS: 36 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
About the role
The delivery of high quality responsive repairs, voids works, and cyclical repairs services within the relevant area of operation. Ensuring works are delivered effectively, minimising the disruption to customers and is carried out safely and in accordance with all relevant legislation, including ensuring all relevant planning and building standards permissions are obtained.
Ensure the highest standards of quality are delivered, with minimal defects, and a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved. Effectively monitoring and managing the performance and on site progress of Clarion's Contractors ensuring that works are delivered to the required quality standard, on time and to budget.
Duties will include:
- Delivering Clarion's responsive repairs, voids works and cyclical repairs ensuring they are delivered to a high quality, and that work is undertaken in a safe manner with minimal disruption, with minimum defects and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Defining a clear scope of work and specification for works, including carrying out any pre-inspections required to establish and specify the full scope of work
- Undertake quality inspections of repairs, voids and cyclical repairs works as they are undertaken or post completion to ensure works are completed within the specified timescales to the quality required and that the works deliver value for money
- Take a proactive approach to the identification of preventative repairs and maintenance to maintain Clarion assets and ensuring that the customer's home is respected at all times
- Working closely with Clarion's Planned team in relation to planned and cyclical maintenance to ensure that a whole life approach focus is developed for Clarion's housing stock
- Review invoices and requests for payment from contractors, challenge and resolve submissions where required
- Maintain records and update asset information and produce performance and management information to support the delivery of the service and to analyse trends
- Ensure that contractors meet Clarions standards for customer service and take a proactive approach to the resolve customer complaints and enquires
What we are looking for from you:
- Experience of successfully working with customers and managing relationships
- Knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, and leasehold legislation
- Understanding of construction contracts and their effective administration
- Understanding of responsive repairs, voids works and cyclical repairs requirements
- Ability to promote good practice
- A demonstrable commitment to achieving customer service excellence
- Ability to prioritise a high workload with competing demands
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in English Language and Maths
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and experience of using housing Asset Management Systems and database systems
Please ensure you have read the information contained within the 'Before applying' link at the top of the vacancies page.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.