Telecoms Engineer / Infrastructure Planning Engineer
Job Title: Planning Engineer
Salary: £27,000 - £33,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has over 30 years of experience in the telecommunication industry and they are currently recruiting for an infrastructure planner to be based at their clients office in Bristol who is the largest and most advanced digital communication company in Britain delivering mobile and fixed communication services.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary function of the dedicated support engineer is to provide planning services for the Planning Core Network Team/s, to progress various projects through all the stages from detailed design to deployment
Comms Room Installation Management:
- Covering power, cooling, space, cabling and port;
- Preparing installation plans and patching schedules;
- Scope covers changes within existing sites and new sites.
Cable Installation Planning:
- Work on the planning of Infrastructure cabling and connectivity projects, ascertain environmental issues/requirements, cable and containment routes.
Equipment Installations Planning:
- Planning associated with the rack mounting, connectivity and installation of switches, servers and other devices.
- Covering cabling infrastructure, patch frames and panels, network switch ports.
- Experience in power, cooling, cabling and port is essential
- Experience of operating in a Infrastructure Engineer position in the mobile/fixed telecommunications industry
- Computer literacy (Excel)
- Great team worker
- Open to new ideas, method of workings and rapidly changing working environments
- Understand implications of key decisions and prioritise accordingly
- Customer focused. Tactful and diplomatic. Conscientious
- Tenacity and willingness to investigate where knowledge is limited
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, Project Manager Engineer, Network Engineering, Network Technology Operator, Network Engineer, IP Hybrid Networks, Network Operations Analyst, Network Operations Technician, Telecommunications Technician, Network Maintenance Engineer, Field Network Engineer, Connectivity Engineer, may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Telecoms Engineer / Infrastructure Planning Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly