Senior Youth Worker - Residential Childcare
Senior Youth Worker – Residential Childcare
£11.00 - £13.00 per hour dependent on experience and qualifications.
SureCare Residential provide short and long term residential services for young people aged from 11 - 18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties, in a therapeutic homely environment. SureCare has now been established for 8 years and we currently have 4 homes (Braintree, Sawbridgeworth, Harlow and Saffron Walden) which are all consistently rated Good with Ofsted. Our aim is to support our young people to grow self-esteem, build positive relationships and trust, re-engage in education and look to build a brighter future for themselves.
We are expanding and opening a new home in Stansted, and are currently recruiting for Senior Youth Workers to join us in this new venture.
We require that all of our senior staff:
- Preferably a level 3 NVQ/CQF or equivalent within Children and Young People
- Have some experience of leading staff and decision making
- Are passionate about developing our future generation
- Are dedicated and committed to empowering young people to achieve their full potential
- Are compassionate and reflective
- Have the ability to remain calm and professional when a young person is in a crisis
- Solution focused
- Are flexible and responsive in order to meet the needs of our young people which can change day to day
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Driving license preferred
- Supporting Youth Workers within their roles, providing supervision and ongoing training.
- Providing person centred support to young people with all aspects of their daily lives within a homely environment
- Providing encouragement to all young people to work towards achieving their goals
- Provide security and safety to young people
- Build trusting and lasting relationships with young people
- Working closely with Management team and outside agencies to ensure the young people receive the best possible care and support
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role, or give us a call on 01279 216117 and speak directly with Ruth.
DUE TO OFSTED REGULATIONS, ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE 24 YEARS OR OLDER