IT Support Engineer / 1st Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk
Job Title: Support Engineer - Level 1
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company unifies People, Process & Technology to deliver SAP and its supporting infrastructure rapidly, reliably, smarter and at scale. They are a market-leading UK company specialising in business and cloud analytics. They are now seeking to expand their Technical Support team which provides 1st and 2nd line technical support to their customers across their services.
About the Role:
They are seeking a highly motivated team player with excellent customer communication and interaction skills to join their exciting team. You will already have experience of working in a support team environment providing technical support to external customers. The Company actively engage with customers to identify support issues proactively and reactively within their services including SAP HANA, Microsoft Azure, IT Infrastructure, VMware virtualisation as well as Business Applications. The role is based at their Nottingham office and supports customers on a Global basis.
The Company will provide extensive training to the successful candidate and operate a highly automated and well documented technical support team using the very latest in-house developed Engineering tools. The role will report to the Head of Operations and you will be part of an expert customer focused operational team. Their operational focus is supporting both Cloud and Enterprise Open Source large database systems running SAP HANA and S/4HANA. They also provide in-depth support in the design, provisioning and support of large Cloud-based solutions, securely integrated to existing application services offering the successful candidate exciting opportunities to develop their IT careers in a really exciting and supportive environment.
- Providing support to a wide range of customers in relation to infrastructure, configuration and Cloud technologies;
- Resolving customer issues, incidents and problems where feasible at 1st or 2nd line through Runbooks and technical investigation;
- Providing additional out of hours support on a rota based system
- Ensuring a timely response to Customer issues and incidents which are received via Telephone, App, Email or the Service desk tools;
- Actively engaging through communication and all forms of interaction with the Customers to understand, troubleshoot and identify issues and resolutions to these issues where possible;
- Working with other Technical and Consultant teams to identify and codify new Cloud solutions and automation technologies, primarily Azure, Linux, Ansible, and Salt;
- Performing customer optimisation daily checks, updates and maintenance to maximise the performance and availability of real-time analytics and data processing solutions;
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- The ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- At least 2 years in a technical service desk or technical support desk environment
- Solid understanding of Linux
- An understanding of Cloud solutions - ideally Microsoft Azure
- A logical problem solver and thinker able to simplify a problems and identify root cause
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Friendly, considerate and supportive - enjoys working in a team
- Good listener and able to understand problems and issues
- Experience of IT in large organisations ITIL practices, large networks, security and process
- Experienced with SuSE and RedHat
- Experience of backup technologies and virtualisation
- Experience of working within an agile development environment (ideally Kanban/Scrum) with strong collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Windows-based systems
- Experience of using IT support tools, diagnostic and configuration scripts and processes as well as Automation. Exposure to tools such as Ansible, Chef, Salt and Puppet would be beneficial
- Practical working knowledge of managing cloud-based infrastructure (eg. Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager)
- Microsoft Azure certifications or qualifications
- Any Linux orientated certifications (LPIC, RHCE etc)
- Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Hugely supportive working environment with a dynamic culture and company
- Personal development, training and knowledge sharing from the CEO downwards
- Flexible and diverse working environment
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Desktop Support Engineer, Cloud Support Engineer, Technical Support Specialist, Technical Consultant, Linux, Azure, Technical Support Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Linux Support Engineer, 1st Line Technical Support, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Customer Support Advisor may also be considered for this role.