Our client is looking to recruit a Property Administrator to be based in Guildford Surrey.
This is a new full-time role (part-time maybe considered for the right candidate), which requires an enthusiastic and organised individual to join provide a friendly and ambitious established business.
The purpose of the job is to provide a good standard of personal assistance and administration support to the valuation and property management surveyors, based in the Guildford office.
The job will require someone who can efficiently organise their own personal workload and responsibilities; the ability to determine priorities and consistently meet deadlines, providing an effective and efficient platform for the Valuation and Property Management team to operate successfully.
The successful candidate is likely to have GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent).
The successful Property Administrator will have the following skills & experience:
- Approachable and communicative;
- Professional demeanour;
- Maintaining absolute discretion when dealing with confidential data;
- Able to work in a structured and timely fashion with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines;
- Effective written communication skills with good attention to detail and able to evaluate and scrutinise third party input;
- Good oral communication, interpersonal skills and telephone manner, able to motivate and enthuse others in their tasks;
- Good IT skills with experience of using of all Microsoft Office programmes, with good numeracy and spread sheet skills;
- Typing skills – MS Word and Excel
- Willingness to train in the use of various BK databases and bespoke software.
The Responsibilities of the Property Administrator:
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate; passing on to appropriate colleagues as required.
- Keeping the valuation fee quotes spreadsheet up to date
- Type and provide general assistance as required with valuation reports and liaise with the appropriate surveyor
- Assisting the professional team with all other administrative workload
- Assisting with data input and mail mergers
- Filing and dead filing support
- Assist with regular property management tasks such as updating meter reading spreadsheet and undertaking occasional site visits if required
- Raising contractor work orders with approval from the property management surveyor and tendering small order job works and overseeing timely payment of contractor invoices with the property management surveyor and centralised accounts team
- Liaising with centralised accounts department regarding tenant invoicing and arrears chasing
- Diarising key service charge budget and reconciliation dates
- Keep expenditure records updated
- Fielding tenant queries and dealing as directed by the surveyor
- Attending tenant meetings with the surveyor and taking minutes of those meetings as required
- Providing cover within the office when the other administrator is absent