Projects and Estimating Assistant / Estimator / Project Manager
Job Title: Projects & Estimating Assistant
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Would you like to join a dynamic team (which includes a dog!) driven by a commitment to creating amazing transformations of workspace in the commercial sector?
The Company is a successful design and fit out contractor that delivers refurbishment projects throughout London and the South East and they are now searching for the right candidate to join them to provide project management support.
They are looking for the right person who can multitask with a good memory, attention to detail and deadline orientated. They all rely on each other to work in an organised fashion so this skill is imperative for the successful candidate. Excellent communication is key to this company.
As Project Manager you will take full operational & commercial ownership of the project, involved heavily in the procurement of materials, subbys, programming, initial site set up and cost management of the job. Once the project is underway you would be totally responsible for the day to day management of the on site team on multi projects at once.
Working as part of the team with the Surveying/Estimating team and the design dept good communications throughout will be essential.
You will also be supporting the Estimating department in carrying out site surveys of projects, building up specification sheets, sending out sub-contractor packages and creating quotations. Knowledge of products and materials used on site would be beneficial and an understanding of the Construction industry will make your integration easier.
Knowledge of JCT and Design and Build contracts would be beneficial but not essential as training and personal development is encouraged.
Company's concept is to look after their clients all the way, making sure they have great relationships developing all the time.
This is a family business and they have a lot of fun stuff going on as well as outside the company.
They celebrate successes and encourage personal development within the company.
- It would be great if the applicant lived within 20 miles of Kent HQ office so travelling to and from the office doesn't cause a problem long term.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Good eye for details
- Good Memory - don't have to be told things twice
- Multi tasker
- Be comfortable with reading and understanding drawings produced on CAD
- Good communication and interpersonal qualities
- Ability to work as a team and foster confidence in all
- Organisational skills, time keeping, paperwork, cost management, understanding of onsite build queries
- Good relationship building with clients, suppliers, contractors and the team
- Commitment to snag completing
- Ability to hit the ground running!
- Knowledge in Microsoft Project would be beneficial
- Be comfortable with basic computer applications, spreadsheets, and CAD applications.
- Previous construction experience preferred, or same role in another industry
- Willing to learn
- Team orientated
- Good communicators
Qualifications (desirable but not essential):
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid
- Drivers Licence
- Company van
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus Bank hols
- Salary negotiable - please enquire
Hours of working can sometimes need flexibility as sometimes working on weekends is needed.
They also have an office dog, so please bear this in mind, as not everyone likes working with animals.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Estimator, Construction Coordinator, Site Management, Construction Site Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Administrator, Service Delivery Coordinator, Operations Manager, Project Supervisor and Site Supervisor may also be considered for this role.