Avonside Group Services Limited are a nationwide roofing contractors, with a rapidly expanding and diverse portfolio offering our clients the best comprehensive roofing service.
We are looking to recruit a Branch Accountant to join our team based in Bridgend, Wales. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will become part of a valued team of employees with a rewarding salary and excellent benefits package.
The role is part of a busy and successful office based in Bridgend and will also cover the finance operations for our newly acquired branch in Bristol.
As the Branch Accountant you will provide independent control and monitoring of the branch financial accounting, providing head office oversight and assurance of the integrity of the branch financial statements and reporting.
Other duties will include:
- Reviewing monthly branch reporting procedures and investigate any anomalies and variances and provide a summary to the Group Finance Director
- Reconciling financial performance and identifying anomalies
- Reviewing online statements weekly, perform bank reconciliations, confirming details of payments/cash received
- Recording and reporting any anomalies and unexplained transactions to the Group Finance Director
- Managing sales ledger balances and timing of sales
- Monthly reviewing Branch staff expense claims and authorisation (cash, credit card and expense advances) recording any non-compliance to Branch Manager and Group Finance Director
For a more detailed view of the role, please refer to the Job Description for this role.
Our ideal candidate will have achieved an accounting qualification or be working towards it and will have experience of working within the construction or property maintenance industry. Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills are also an essential requirement.
If you are looking for career opportunity in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company that recognises innovation and rewards hard work then we would love to hear from you.