We are a fast-growing, innovative company, looking to expand our core technical team with the addition of a Development Scientist.
This position will be responsible for the build, assembly, test and development of our laser spectroscopy systems, including prototypes and production versions. The ideal candidate will work as part of a cross-functional technical team and play an active role in all aspects of product development.
- Qualified to MSc. or higher in Optics/Optical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/ Physical Sciences or related discipline with experience in hardware development
- General knowledge of lasers, opto-mechanics, electro-optics and optics
- Proven expertise in handling and assembling optics, opto-mechanics, lasers and related electronics
- One year of industrial experience in a related field would be advantageous
- Additional desirable skills: Good working knowledge of MATLAP/Python/other data analysis software, SolidWorks, FEA package
- Competent in evaluating problems, investigating issues, creating innovation and communicating information.
Development Scientist Key Responsibilities
- Develop existing and new laser spectroscopy instruments for gas sensing applications
- Assemble optical instruments from scratch, handle optical components, characterise lasers, optics, sub-assemblies and the overall system
- Conduct comprehensive instrument testing, and generate test and technical reports for internal and external use.
About the company
We are developing a range of products for use across several global industries for high value gas analysis applications.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply below.