Job Title: Audio Transcriber, Secure Transcription
Business Unit: UK Court Reporting
Reports to: Operations Manager
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs./week plus any additional hours needed to fulfill the role 9am-5.30pm FLEXIBILITY REQUIRED
Location: Bristol, TBC
Globally, EPIQ is one of the largest independent providers of in-house and outsourced legal services and technology solutions. We have established service centers in major legal markets in Dublin, London, Asia and across the United States and maintain a client list that includes global corporations and leading law firms. EPIQ provides exceptional discovery and document review services, legal business process outsourcing, court room services and facilities management.
We have achieved this success by providing our customers the highest level of quality and service. Our reputation for quality and performance rests 100% on the efforts of our employees. In order to continue our growth and success, we constantly look to add high-caliber individuals to our team.
Epiq are looking for Audio Transcribers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and talented to join our friendly team in Bristol working within a Secure Transcription Unit.
We are looking for an individual who has sound experience of audio typing/audio transcription work and is accustomed to the challenges of working with sensitive and confidential information.
All Audio Transcribers will need to be able to transcribe files that vary in audio quality against client deadlines. You will have strong listening, communication, computer and time management skills and be someone who enjoys working to deadlines.
You will have a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm with a proven commitment to accuracy at a rate of 99%. Excellent knowledge of the English language with a strong emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar is essential for this role as well as a proven eye for detail with the ability to effectively listen and concentrate for periods of time.
Key areas of Responsibility
(Include the following but other duties may be assigned)
- Transcribe multi-speaker digitally-recorded audio and visual interviews, meetings and other types of recordings
- Managing and prioritising own workload (or as directed by Team Leader/Operations Manager) to ensure work is turned around within agreed deadlines and timeframes producing and amending business critical documents with speed and accuracy
- Creating, editing and reformatting all documents in line with the firm's precedents, templates and house style
- Document revision including document comparison, formatting, styling, cross referencing and completing table of contents as required
- Proof reading and checking all work for spelling, grammar, formatting, presentation and sense
- Proactively working with other members of the team to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet internal and external clients' quality expectations
- Working as part of a team with other transcription staff to ensure delivery deadlines are met and work
- Maintain open and appropriate communication lines; building relationships with internal staff, handling all interactions in a professional manner
- Proactively clarifying instructions with the Team Leader should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit; providing updates as to progress of work and/or ability to meet deadline
- Accurate and timely recording of workload and output data using internal systems
- Sharing pertinent information with colleagues; liaising with the Team Leader to ensure seamless service and highest quality at all times
- Providing guidance and assistance to new/junior team members
- Working flexibly and providing support to other team members; attending at and contributing to team meetings
- Ensuring confidentiality in all company and client documentation
Skills to be developed in the role
- Build and manage relationships with internal departments
- Performance reporting
Background and Profile
- Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular)
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to Handle Confidential Information
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and implement this in their work
Due to the nature of this work, all applicants will be required to obtain SC level of national security clearance for this role. Epiq will assist with applications, this will be at no cost to applicants.
Salary - A competitive salary and benefits package is offered for this role.
EPIQ is an equal opportunities employer