North Ayrshire Council are looking for a Roads Foreperson with previous road maintenance experience.
Hours: This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week
- SVQ Level 2 Road Maintenance or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in road construction, road maintenance activities and drainage works.
- Ability to motivate teams throughout various work tasks and give clear instructions
- Experience of Health & Safety issues.
- Traffic Management experience
- Driving Licence.
- Desirable: SVQ Level 3 Roadworks or equivalent, IOSH Managing Safely.
Roads Foreperson responsibilities
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Depot Manager or other designated officer
- Ensuring work is carried out and completed according to instructions
- Participate in pre-start meetings to establish labour, plant and material requirements
- Allocation of tasks, to work teams or individuals as appropriate
- Ensure that the Roads Operations Safe Working Methods are enforced at all times
- Participate in the Council's winter and weather emergencies service and be on stand-by for out of hours service provision.
Please apply for this role below.