Executive Assistant to CEO
Age UK South Gloucestershire offers a wide range of support and services designed to improve later life. These range from providing information and advice, a befriending service and a day centre to will writing, benefits advice and nail cutting.
The charity is now seeking to recruit an experienced Executive Assistant to provide comprehensive and efficient administrative and operational support to their busy Chief Executive Officer to ensure the organisation is well organised, maintains necessary compliance and communicates effectively.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Helping to manage the CEO’s competing priorities, advising of actions required, deadlines and preparing briefings where required
- Developing and maintaining an annual action plan of key tasks for the CEO, Trustee Board and Management Team.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the CEO when absent.
- Taking notes at meetings
- Providing internal communications and liaising with colleagues regarding external communications
- Assisting in the development of publicity materials, presentations and external fundraising applications
- Organising occasional events for staff/trustees and for external stakeholders
- Acting as Company Secretary and ensuring Charity Commission records are kept up to date
We are looking for someone who can offer relevant experience in a similar role. You will be effective, efficient and professional with a sound understanding of confidentiality. In addition, we are looking for
- The ability to use initiative and work independently, taking responsibility for problems that arise
- An effective team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Competence in Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Windows environment
- Willingness and ability to develop new ways of working where required
If you are also able to offer experience as a PA/Executive Assistant to a Chief Executive or Manager of a charitable organisation and experience as a Company Secretary, we will be particularly interested.
If you would like to apply for this role, please download the documents below. We only accept completed application forms (no CVs please) and these should be sent to our Recruitment Partner, Jackie Dawkins, at Shine Charity Recruitment by 20th October. Jackie will conduct initial telephone interviews and then Age UK South Gloucestershire will interview shortlisted applicants on 30th October.