6 days left
- Full Time
Location: Aldershot, Solihull or Halifax
Salary: Between £50K - £60K + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a Product Architect based at any of our UK offices. The Product Architect sits within our Software Engineering function, working within a team of 16 people.
The purpose of the Product Architect will be:
Supporting the software architects in a technical capacity. We design and produce our own software to meet the needs of our clients, developing and maintaining solutions.
We’d like to meet a Product Architect with:
- A background in Insurance ideally or financial services.
- Experience of reviewing system capability strategy. Experience of working in an AWS environment ideally.
- Expert knowledge of .NET and related technologies e.g. C#, SQL, Visual Studio, VSTS, SOLID principles, test automation etc.
- Ability to create logical models of components and interfaces along with detailed component specifications to produce detailed designs for implementation.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
As the Product Architect, your responsibilities & accountabilities include:
- Design and supervise the design of software that meets business requirements and operating requirements.
- Own the technical design of a solutions.
- Work with and supervise other Software Architects to ensure that business specifications are translated into software that is efficient, scalable, reliable, maintainable and secure.
- Support the technical and business teams in development and application of appropriate software development patterns and standards.
- Work with the developers and the architects to ensure that the software developed is compatible with existing functionality.
- Work with the developers to ensure that unit testing is accurate and reliable and that the code assembled for testing is of appropriate quality.
- Work with the business team, software architects, product managers and other roles to develop new strategies to simplify software assembly.
- Supervise the process of and to take part in the estimation of the code & test time required to deliver functional changes and to be accountable for the effectiveness of this process.
- Work with the C&M team to identify and eliminate the causes of defects.
What’s in it for you?
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect – Ownership – Collaboration – Innovation – Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Product Architect, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Product Architect, Software Architect, IT Architect, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Application Developer, Product Engineer, IT.