Salary Grade point 17 to point 20 (£18,672 - £19,819 pro rata)
17.5 hours per week – 9am – 12.30pm Mon - Fri
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 1200 lives every year.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The support worker will engage with service users at the Bradbury Centre and carry out full needs and risk assessments. The support worker will provide an exemplary and safe service and will ensure service users receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience. Working closely with partner agencies to seek improvements to service users mental health, physical health and/or substance misuse if required. The support will include referrals to appropriate specialist agencies and accommodation to enable service users to move forward on the housing pathway.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience or an understanding of working in the homelessness sector or supported housing environments.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- The ability to remain calm in a crisis and deal with all incidents in a professional manner.
- Have an empathy and understanding for homeless people, especially those who have complex needs.
- Have the skills to work both on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good customer service skills.
- An understanding of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- Provide a high quality service to individuals living on the street and seeking assistance at the Bradbury Centre.
- Experience of applying Health & Safety guidance and ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution.
Quote reference SWPT1
Closing date: 26/10/18
Interview date: 2/11/18
Charity No: 1098126
Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer