Do you believe that everyone should have a place to call home?
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable people to transform their lives. Our teams are dedicated to tackling the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or substance dependency.
We are looking for a Support Worker for our homeless prevention service, the Bradbury Centre.
Join us to make a difference to over 1200 lives every year. You will help people in crisis to take the crucial final steps towards independence and employment.
- Engaging with service users at the Bradbury Centre and carry out full needs and risk assessments
- Providing an exemplary service ensuring that service users receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience
- Working with partner agencies on health issues or substance misuse
- Referring specialist agencies to help progression on the housing pathway
- Providing a high quality service to people living on the street and seeking help
The Support Worker will have:
- Clear communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience of working in the homelessness or supported housing sector
- Ability to deal with incidents professionally and calmly
- Empathy and understanding for homeless people
- An understanding of working face to face with vulnerable people
- Experience of applying Health & Safety guidance
- Excellent support and career development training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- HARP pension contributions
Shortlisting date: 26th October 2018
Interview date: 2nd November 2018
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer.