2 days left
- Full Time
I am recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for my client who is based close to Birmingham Airport. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business that is a market leader within their industry and is offering a salary of up to £25,000 plus some fantastic benefits.
You will be responsible in assisting the Financial Controller in the production of the financial reporting for the Netherlands and Czech Republic regions of the business. You will deal with VAT reporting, assist with forecasting and budgeting and perform all tasks related to accounts receivable and accounts payable within these regions (no previous European currency or European accounts knowledge or experience is required, UK based experience is fine). You may also be asked to support the UK section of the business during peak and busy periods.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Working with the Financial Controller to produce the monthly reporting for Netherlands & Czech Republic
- Month end review of financial performance of Netherlands & Czech Republic with Country/European heads and Financial Director
- Control of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and processing of monthly journals
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return for Netherlands and providing the consultants with the information required for the monthly VAT return for the Czech Republic
- Statistical reporting as requested for external Government offices
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of the forecasts and budgets
- Assist with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts
- Production of cashflow forecasts
- Perform tasks relating to controlling the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Responding to ad-hoc information requests as received, which may involve other countries within the Group.
- Keeping up to date with current legislation
- Support the UK section of the business during peak and busy periods
- A minimum of 2 years accounting experience
- Part-qualified accountant or AAT qualified
- Strong communicator, and able to deal with all levels of the business
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
- Good computer skills - preferred knowledge of Oracle & Microsoft Office products
- Attention to detail with a neat, methodical and professional approach to work
- Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
- Punctual, reliable and experience of working well within a team
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £25000 salary based on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Opportunity for the business to pay for further accounting qualifications i. CIMA/AAT
- Onsite parking
- Subsidised lunch with canteen on site
- Pension scheme
- Free gym membership
- Health care & dental care scheme
- Childcare vouchers
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Adam or Hayley on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***
Apply for Assistant Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly