Senior Support Worker - Supported Living (Mental Health) HEST62862
A Registered Care Homes role unlike others!
Harwood Road is a Supported Living Registered Care Home for people with enduring Mental Health needs. This post is unlike other care home roles you may find out there. Not only are you not involved in personal care, their service is not a home for life but is aimed at empowering our 15 residents, aged from 23 to 70, to move on by focusing on their strengths and aspirations and they co-produce the service that is delivered to them.
Our client is based in the heart of Fulham where we link-up with the location community networks to create a holistic approach towards the well-being of residents and aim to achieve social inclusion for residents using the recovery model which makes for a very positive environment to work in.
You be part of a great and passionate team which enjoys ongoing training and development opportunities across a wide range of different subjects but also genuine career progression with over a quarter of last year’s vacancies filled by internal staff.
They welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
- Ability to work with people in a person-centred way
- An understanding of the support needs of older adults
- Good Literacy and numeracy skills. Working knowledge of basic functions in MS Word and Outlook or willing to learn
- Excellent Knowledge of issues related to signs, symptoms and treatments of mental illness. Ability to assess service users’ declining mental health and take appropriate action.
- A detailed understanding of key-working, personalised support, and co-production. Ability to write letters and correspondence.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria then our client will support you to join their existing programme.
In return they offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
Our client is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Working Pattern: 39 hours per week - rota pattern, including bank holidays, weekends and sleep-in shifts
Closing date: 29 October 2018
Interview date: 6 November 2018
Our client supports adults and children across London in times of crisis. Last year they worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.