Who are we?
A pioneer of organic home delivery, Abel & Cole is a brand famous for seasonal organic fruit & veg. Since 1988 we’ve built close relationships with other brilliant organic pioneers in order to deliver a wide range of fantastic organic food to people’s homes across much of England. We represent a refreshing alternative to supermarket shopping, but without being worthy or preachy. No air freight, no silly packaging, no nasty chemicals – just great food produced by people who really love what they do. We deliver to around 40,000 households and we employ nearly 600 great people. We consider ourselves bold, irreverent, genuine, friendly and honest, and it is crucial that this comes across in everything we do.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader it will be your responsibility to help ensure that production here at Abel & Cole runs smoothly. Working within a team of 5 you will execute effective troubleshooting and planned preventative maintenance routines to prolong the useful life and optimise efficiency of our operational and facilities equipment. We’re a collaborative bunch here at Abel & Cole and you will thrive in a role in where you are at the heart of keeping us up and running so can continue to deliver superb service to our customers, there’s a good reason we have been doing this for 30 years! You will help to do this by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdown, and ensure maintenance cover for production areas is provided at all times. We have some big plans for production here and as such this is a superb time to join the organisation and become a key member of our maintenance team as we embark on this journey. If this sounds of interest read on to find out more:
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Carry out repairs on machinery in all areas of our Andover operations as expediently as possible and liaise with production personnel to minimise downtime.
- Make decisions under pressure – there’s a lot going on at any given time here at Abel & Cole!
- Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out correctly in a timely manner.
- Make sure that all repair and maintenance documentation is maintained with full compliance with all regulatory guide lines, GMP, and company Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness standards are adhered to.
- Actively champion a culture of food safety and pride in the workplace.
- Identify and recommend improvements, replacements and repairs as appropriate.
- Completing all relevant documentation connected to the relevant tasks conducted.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Proven experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance role within a manufacturing environment, ideally both.
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi task.
- Professional, honest with integrity.
- Experience working with a CMMS.
- IT literate, particularly in MS Office applications.
- A knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety regulations.
- Good understanding written and oral skills.
What we offer
- This is a full-time position as we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self – 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility with regards to shift and weekend work will be required
- 28 days inclusive of bank holidays running from the 1st May to 30th April.
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!) alongside company discount of up to 35%.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- On-site Gym.
- Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses.
To apply please forward a CV by clicking on the apply button.