Business Services Assistant
Bath or Bristol
Are you looking to join an expanding firm that is ranked 26 in the 2018 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for?
Based in either our Bath or Bristol offices, you will join a growing business services team in a role where you will provide bookkeeping services to a diverse client base.
Able to demonstrate excellent administration skills, you will have good numeracy skills and be comfortable working within an autonomous environment.
Working within a role that is at the forefront of providing an efficient cloud accounting solution, you will build strong working relationships with your clients over the phone and by email. Able to prioritise your workload, you will often have to request various pieces of information from your clients to ensure their accounting records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Bookkeeping for a wide variety of clients on cloud accounting software
- Corresponding with clients to resolve queries to aid accurate and timely maintenance of accounting records
- Supporting the production of management accounts and VAT returns
- Company secretarial administration including the production and submission of forms for Companies House
You might currently be working within office administration and/or customer services and have a key interest in moving into a more accountancy focused role, or alternatively you hold an existing bookkeeping role and are looking for a new challenge.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career in a modern firm that offers a fun yet professional working environment!
You will have:
- Strong administration skills
- A good standard of education (minimum of 8 GCSE’s and 2 A Levels or equivalent) grades A*-C.
- Excellent IT skills with a strong working knowledge of MS office including Excel
- Previous Bookkeeping and/or Company Secretarial experience would be advantageous but isn’t essential
You will be:
- Well organised, enthusiastic and a self-motivated team player
- An excellent communicator with exceptional attention to detail
- Confident, reliable and able to display outstanding time management and prioritisation skills
- Competitive salary with annual review and access to our Benefits Choice Platform
- £1,000 joining bonus for Direct Applicants (terms apply)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and holiday purchase scheme
- Life Assurance (3 x Salary)
- Personal Pension - Employer 3%, Employee min 2% rising to 4% and 4% in October 2018
- Critical Illness Scheme
- Fully paid health scheme after probationary period via Simplyhealth
- We are a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to work for
We are a responsible employer - committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our ‘One Firm’ approach aims to provide a culture where our people are valued and treated fairly with respect, but also one where our differences are understood and celebrated.
We hope that these objectives will attract you to our firm as an employer of choice.