Community Content Curator
Ever thought about working for your local paper? We could have the right opportunity for you.
Previous experience not essential if you have the right innovative and can-do attitude to work alongside our expert editorial teams.
We are looking for four Community Content Curators to help us deliver local information to local readers across the South East and Cambridge newsrooms.
We are seeking someone who can curate words and pictures sent in by readers to complement the news and features written by our journalists.
Two of these roles will be based at our Guildford office and two could be based at any of our sites in Essex, Cambridge or Kent. Some travel across the region for jobs and training will be required.
About the company
Reach plc has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- To source user-generated words and pictures from your patch that are appropriate for the community news pages
- To act as a brand ambassador and reach out to groups, clubs and societies and offer them a platform to showcase their successes
- To organise a rota of regular content providers and encourage contacts to supply engaging content in the correct format
- To liaise with Print Production Specialists about forthcoming content and input this to template-ready pages for the Print Production Unit to finalise
The ideal candidate
- You'll possess excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritisea variety of workloads
- Previous experience working in a media or a fast-paced environment
- Ideally, you will have a good understanding of the digital landscape, social media and be able to post content online
- You'll support ongoing editorial projects across all publishing platforms by researching, curating, sourcing and inputting content
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.