Accounts Payable Assistant / Assistant Accountant
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Accounts
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Position: Full Time, 18 Months Fixed Term Contract
Purpose of the Role:
Working as a member of a team based in London, this role aims to deliver high quality, efficient finance and accountancy service to the organisation and all internal/external stakeholders.
The role is an entry level position and the post holder will undertake duties across a range of activities performed by the Finance Team and to make a significant contribution in assisting delivery of Team objectives.
Purchase ledger & Debtors
- To promptly and accurately process purchase orders, goods received notes, supplier invoices, and staff expense claims
- To ensure that purchase invoices are matched to purchase orders and goods received notes effectively and that suppliers are paid within the agreed payment terms and that properly authorised staff expense claims are settled promptly
- To process the weekly payment run on the accounting system, and to provide remittance advices as appropriate to suppliers
- To deal with any supplier queries (internal/external) in a timely manner
- To complete any ad-hoc payments as required (e. international/CHAPs) on the banking online system
- To deal with any direct debit and standing order payments
- To investigate and deal with all returned AP returned payments and out of date cheques
- To undertake month end procedures, such as closing Accounts Payable, within the timeframe specified in the month end timetable
- Assist coding bank statements prior to inputting
- Payment queries and billing for Pension admin/Divorce/overpayments/ transfers
- To provide training to current and new employees on how to use the purchase order system
- To provide assistance to the team with procurement statistics and analysis of data to ascertain KPI levels
- To administer the day to day running of the corporate credit card scheme including ensuring the receipt of completed monthly statements from card holders and processing monthly statement journal
- To assist with implementing adequate controls to ensure robust accounts payable process
- Actively support the LPP's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed
The Successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience and knowledge of working in an accounts payable function or demonstrable transferrable skills/knowledge in a Financial services environment with the willingness and aptitude to learn the accounts payable function
- Ability to efficiently use an accounting software system such as Dimensions or demonstrable transferrable skills in the use of a finance related database system
- The ability to proactively plan, manage and review own individual daily high workload using system reports as available to ensure on time and accurate delivery whilst managing expectations throughout
- Experience or transferrable skills in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all stakeholders including staff, suppliers and external agencies
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate issues critically and escalate as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, along with the ability to deliver presentations to a highly knowledgeable client base explaining complex issues, and taking feedback, tailored to the audience
- Effective numerical and analytical skills, with proven capability in the use of Word, Excel (to a minimum of intermediate level) whilst maintaining a commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- Promotes positive behaviour through own actions and attitude with the ability to deliver solutions within a team environment and be a flexible and supportive team player
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximize their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping, Accounts Clerk, Book Keeper, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Clerk, Finance Assistant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Accounts Payable Assistant / Assistant Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly