LinedUp are looking for a passionate Web Developer to create stunning e-commerce websites using contemporary web-standards, for new and existing clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate who has strong web skills, including HTML5, CSS and content management systems, to become part of a small, growing team. The successful candidate will develop our digital portfolio, have a willingness to learn new technologies, be technically focused and have excellent problem solving skills. The core focus of the position will be oriented towards e-commerce web applications, predominantly the Shopify platform.
What we need you to have:
- Degree level qualification in web development, web design, multimedia or similar
- Have a passion for web development and related emerging technologies
- A good understanding of e-commerce applications and UI design
- Confident, commercially minded and self-motivated approach
- Good interpersonal, IT and analytical skills
- Experience of working on own initiative
It would be great if you also had these things:
- Knowledge and experience of an e-commerce software framework such as Shopify, WooCommerce or Volusion
- An interest in developing for mobile environments and responsive design
- A good understanding of web standards, online accessibility and browser/platform compatibility
- Be familiar with search engine optimisation techniques
- Be comfortable using Sketch and the Adobe suite of programs
- Some knowledge of creating HTML email templates
- A basic understanding of graphic design
- Understanding of managing a successful project from start to finish and the ability to deliver to deadlines
The successful candidate will be given an annual budget to spend on their own selection of training books, conference fees or any other training courses, alongside a subscription to Team Treehouse or Code Academy. They will also have access to all the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Who is LinedUp?
We’re an established web development company with a portfolio of great clients, who work from a beautiful office by the sea. As accredited Shopify experts we’re experts in our field and are looking for someone to join us on the next stage of our journey.
LinedUp operate a flexible working environment, which encourages all the team to benefit from our stunning location on the North Cornish coast. All our team enjoy an annual subscription for free surfboard rental, plus we are also part of the government's Cycle To Work scheme, with excellent tax incentives for people wishing to cycle to work.
Other Application Details
Applications must be submitted through the Unlocking Potential Jobs website