Assistant Celebrity Editor - Showbiz
Mirror Online is looking for an Assistant Celebrity Editor to expand our growing team.
We are looking for an experienced writer with a go-to knowledge of Celebrity and TV news.
As Assistant Celebrity Editor you will be responsible for shadowing the deputy editor and, on occasion, stepping up to take charge of the team.
Additional duties will include covering breaking news, red carpets and awards shows.
Who are we? We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- The Assistant celebrity editor is third in command of the celebrity and TV sections.
- You often shadow the deputy editor but are also required to write copy
- Responsible for taking over the deputies duties when they are off desk or on holiday
- Being able to handle breaking news is a huge part of this role
- You will have the ability to write quickly and accurately
- As one of our senior journalists in the department, your legal knowledge should be up to date
- Other responsibilities include helping with rotas and being flexible with working hours
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent knowledge of UK and US celebrities and TV is essential
- Creative and the ability to write rapidly and accurately
- Proven ability to write excellent copy and break exclusives
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application