We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Art Technician to work closely with the Head of Art and the Art team. In this role you’ll be providing technical support to art teachers and pupils to ensure the smooth running of the Art Department.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only (plus Inset days and 10 days over school holidays)
- Qualification in an Art discipline; Art foundation or degree desirable, but not essential
- Experience working in a school or relevant art environment
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Passion for helping children and young people learn
- Knowledge of ceramic and operating a kiln advantageous, but full training given.
Art Technician duties
- Prepare and issue materials, equipments and work for all art activities
- Maintain and monitor stock levels in all areas of the Art department
- Maintain work areas in a safe, clean and tidy condition
- Assist in all aspects of the implementation of Health & Safety legislation for the Art Department
About Withington Girls School
Withington is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are attained within a lively, happy and caring environment. A wide range of art disciplines is offered including sculpture, ceramics, photography and painting & drawing and the subject is popular.
Closing date: 5pm, 1 October 2018
Withington Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please apply below.