JOB TITLE: Business Development Advisor
SALARY: £24,000 with the opportunity to earn commission
HOURS: Normally 37 hours per week but commensurate on completing the duties associated with the post.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Apprenticeship and Quality Assurance Manager
To identify and secure new business leads resulting in a significant growth in the number of employers working with the College to deliver Apprenticeships.
1. Employer Engagement with internal and external partners
2. Attending appointments to discuss how the Levy works and carrying out Training Needs Analysis and how apprenticeships schemes work, alongside benefits and sign up process
3. Selling a wide range of Apprenticeship programmes to external clients.
4. Forging new networks, through Business Development techniques, cold calling, Lead generation, marketing campaigns and social media, i Linked-in
5. Working to set sales targets in the form of apprenticeship starts
6. Attending networking seminars, breakfast meetings
7. Ensuring enrolment and IAG to learners follows company procedure
8. Provide after-sales support to employers as necessary, ensuring that positive relationships are maintained and future business opportunities maximised
9. Work with the Apprenticeship and Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that new business opportunities meet the College`s quality standards
10. Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal.
11. Participate in appraisal and professional development as appropriate
12. Adhere to safeguarding and health and safety in line with college procedures
13. Carry out their duties with due regard to the College`s policies on equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
The following qualifications, qualities, skills and experience are considered necessary in this key post. The essential criteria will be assessed in the following ways. A - application, T - test, I - Interview.
1. Essential Education and Qualifications
· Literacy and numeracy qualifications to at least level 2 -A
· ICT skills to level 2-A
2. Desirable Education and Qualifications
. Ideally educated to degree level - A
. Proven track record in B2B sales - A
2. Essential Knowledge and Skills
· Experience of working in sales and/or business development A
· Previous new business experience with a proven track record of generating and closing deals-A
· Excellent Influencing and negotiation skills -A
Target/Sales focused who can work on own initiative
· Experience of preparing and presenting to Senior Management I
· Competent using CRM and tracking systems and ability to successfully manage pipeline and shared diary-A
· Up to date knowledge of Social media platforms such as Linked, Facebook, Twitter etc A
· Competent in MS Office-T
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills - T
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills -