Due to internal growth the opportunity has arisen to appoint an Individual who can make an immediate contribution to the effective operation of our busy Tool making and machine building workshop. Magor's successful and expanding engineering design and manufacturing operation currently manufacture a diverse and varied range of engineering solutions covering jigs and fixtures, consumable and replenishment components, gauges, conveyance systems up to and including robotic weld applications and special purpose machinery.
Based in modern facilities, Magor Designs is an engineering solutions provider with over 50 years’ experience in both design and manufacture, serving a multitude of world class manufacturing partners from various sectors.
Magor is seeking an individual with a solid grounding in precision Toolmaking capabilities with a passion and drive for personal success and the ability to develop and grow in a challenging and exciting team environment.
- You will report to the Operations Manager
- You will work closely with peer shop floor employees, team leaders, designers and customers
- You will be apprentice trained and qualified with a minimum or 4 years’ employment experience post apprenticeship
- The ability to interpret engineering and technical drawings with the capability of operating several toolroom machines ranging from conventional Bridgeport’s, Lathes, Surface and Cylindrical Grinders and Pillar Drills to 2 axis Proto-TRAK Mills and Lathes. Experience of Spark Erosion and Wire EDM plus CNC Fanuc Turning and 3 & 4 Axis Milling would be advantageous but not essential
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of bench, assembly and fitting techniques. Pneumatic and Hydraulic experience would be advantageous but not essential
- A craftsman by trade and performance you will be expected to work individually and as part of a team whilst maintaining very high standards of quality and adhering to precise tolerances
The following would be advantageous but not essential: -
- BTEC / ONC / HNC - National Certificate in Engineering
- NVQ Level 2 - Performing Engineering Operations
- A confident individual with an experienced edge to get the job done regardless of circumstance. A “Can Do - Make it Happen” style
- An approachable person that will fit in with an established team with the ability and willingness to coach and lead by example if required
- A self-motivated individual who’s a reliable and respectful person with a strong work ethic
- A clear communicator with the ability and awareness to escalate in a timely fashion
- A flexible committed individual prepared to go above and beyond the norm to deliver the “customer experience”. Overtime is not a mandatory requirement but could be requested at short notice
- This position could suit an individual who has the appetite to progress and develop their career within one of the largest and most well-known Toolmaking operations in Wales. Training and development opportunities exist for those that demonstrate the right qualities