Care Assistant for adults with learning disabilities
Dramatize is a theatre company for adults with learning disabilities providing an alternative platform to learn, socialise and build upon inner confidence.
We are currently seeking for care assistants for our Day Provisions working with adults with learning disabilities, Monday - Friday 8.45am-4.15pm, starting immediately.
- Experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities
- Full Driving License
- An interest for the arts
- Bags of enthusiasm !
- Enhanced DBS
- Qualifications / training within Care
- First Aid and any medical training
- Local to Ashford, Middlesex TW15
Full breakdown of Role
- The Consultant is to provide his/her services as a Care Assistant at the Client’s Theatrical Day Service for adults with learning difficulties on -
-MONDAY to FRIDAY 8:45AM - 4:15PM
- The Theatrical Day Service shall take place at Dramatize, Ashford Recreation Ground, Clock House Lane, Ashford, Middlesex, TW151BX .
- To assist in carrying out individual programmes of care, including the management of complex/challenging behaviour, under the supervision of the management, supervisor, administrator and support from colleagues.
- The Consultant will ensure all relevant documentation is maintained.
- The Consultant is to inform the Senior Care Assistant of any significant changes in student’s condition.
- The Consultant is to assist with the day-to-day individual care needs of the students, including personal and intimate care and assistance with mobility.
- The Consultant is to assist in providing constructive activities, taking into account the particular needs of the students.
- The Consultant is to provide appropriate support to maximise the students independence.
- It is compulsory for the Consultant to participate in individual planning meetings, care reviews, Dramatizes annual show, staff meetings and staff training. This will be outside of regular working hours and will be paid as overtime.
- The Consultant is to maintain records and review the progress of students regularly.
- The Consultant is to ensure the maintenance of high standards of personal hygiene, cleanliness, health and safety.
- The Consultant is to establish and maintain good working relationships with parents/carers.
- The Consultant is to support and enable good relations between the students and wider community.
- The Consultant is to understand the policy practice and procedures of Dramatize.
- During each Workshop the Consultant shall wear suitable clothing consisting of the Dramatize T-Shirt/Jumper for the purposes of providing the Services as may be notified by the Client (acting reasonably) to the Consultant. The Consultant is provided with 1 Dramatize T-shirts and 1 jumper to be worn by the Client. All extra T-shirt’s/jumpers are to be purchased at a small fee.
- In relation to the Theatrical Day Service, it is the responsibility of the Consultant to:
o Arrive at the Venue at 8.45am, before the start of the day.
o Ensure that all equipment that will be used during the day is in working condition prior to the start of that day;
o Care for all students in the Workshop which reflect the Planned Activities and promote the Client’s objects;
o At the end of the day, ensure that (i) the venue is left in the same condition as it was upon arrival; (ii) any documentation (in any form whatsoever) is safely stored and locked away; and (iii) the Client is provided with a brief summary of [the activities undertaken at the Workshop, the number of attendees and any feedback received from such attendees].
Positions of employment are subject to references and enhanced CRB clearance.