An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager based in the Manchester area. Working for a leading furniture fit out company, our client, is a well-established, fast growing organisation.
You will be reporting to the Head Project Manager and play a fundamental part in the effective planning, execution and delivery of all project led activity for the business, this vital role will lead and manage cross-functional teams across the entire project life cycle. Ideally you will have project management experience within a furniture company or within construction.
- Be accountable against departmental objectives and KPI's that link with the wider business strategy
- Operationally lead and manage multiple projects from inception through to handover, ensuring that completion occurs on time, in budget and with maximum customer satisfaction
- Take full responsibility for the creation and management of operational project budgets, working with Finance to map out, analyse and measure projected vs actual spend
- Take an active involvement throughout the project planning and development phase (including site visits), to ensure that all operational costs/ challenges are fully understood and factored into the commercial feasibility analysis
- Utiliising industry specific techniques, prepare and submit complex programmes to manage the project life cycle. Define scope, milestones, key tasks, gated approvals, owners and the overall schedule of works to effectively monitor progress
- Lead and motivate the installation teams, promoting a positive culture to ensure that the LOFT vison/ values are understood and form part of daily life.
- Build strong relationships, bridging the gap between clients, contractors and key stakeholders. Act as the dedicated liaison and operational site authority for issue resolution and general feedback throughout the project timeline
- Work closely with the commercial team to manage expectations of the supply chain. Through engagement and clearly defined forecasts, act as the lynchpin to facilitate slick and efficient JIT/ direct to site processes
- Prepare and submit detailed post completion reports of actual vs targeted spend, highlighting lessons learned and key focus areas for consideration on subsequent projects
- Ensure relevant contract, HSE, site safety and O&M information is recorded and maintained accurately
- Prepare and submit data for board level reports
- Previous experience in project management
- Project management experience within a construction/furniture company preferred but not essential
- Excellent organisation skills to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead the project team
- The ability to monitor and control budgets
- Good communication and negotiation skills to manage expectations
- The ability to use your initiative and make decision sunder pressure
Our client is offering a competitive salary of GBP30,000 - GBP40,000 per annum.
For more information contact Louisa Ellis.