Editorial Project Manager
Editorial Project Manager
Are you at your best when juggling deadlines, sinking your teeth into complex technical content and collaborating with a passionate team?
Want to learn and grow with a global organization that helps businesses to perform at their best?
If so, you might be the Editorial Project Manager we’re looking for.
We’re BSI, the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, we’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
Standards define best practice in many different areas and play a key part in enabling companies to maximise their effectiveness and efficiency. Our teams help to develop and review these standards, collaborating with subject matter experts and industry leaders to unlock the potential of businesses around the world.
Now, we’re looking for an Editorial Project Manager to join us in Chiswick and drive the drafting and review of standards, both for us and our clients.
- Salary starting from £33,000 per annum
- Company-paid private medical insurance
- Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
- A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
- An engaging role offering diversity and variety
- 27 days’ annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days
Here at BSI, we make a difference to the world every day, and we need fantastic people to help us continue achieving our goals. As such, we invest in our employees and provide them with tailored development plans to help them become leaders in their field.
Within a creative and fast-moving environment, you’ll become a key member of a friendly, forward-thinking team who share ideas and support each other to realise their full potential.
What’s more, we’re based just above Gunnersbury Tube Station, making for an easy commute, or you can use our free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
As the Editorial Project Manager, you’ll oversee the drafting, development and publication of client-sponsored standards, as well as national standards for BSI.
Managing a portfolio of standardization projects, you’ll provide tailored solutions for clients from a diverse range of market sectors.
- Ensure that projects are completed within budget, timescales and to the highest quality
- Draft, review, assess, edit and proofread standardization documents
- Work with project stakeholders on key project issues, such as editorial and technical comments regarding technical content
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and project suppliers, such as clients and Technical Authors
- Identify ways to improve our processes and offering
To join us as our Editorial Project Manager, you’ll need:
- Extensive technical editing and rewriting experience
- A track record of managing multiple projects
- Experience of facilitating group work at different corporate levels
- The ability to draft content with technical experts
- A high level of proficiency in word progressing and project management tools, such as Word, Excel, Project and SAP
- A degree or equivalent
Experience of the following would be beneficial to your application, standards and their development, conducting research, report writing, working in an external client-facing, revenue-generating role or working with diverse stakeholder groups to achieve consensus.
It would also be an advantage if you had previous project management training.
We’re eager to hear from you if you have experience as a Content Editor, Senior Technical Writer, Content Project Manager, Senior Writer, Senior Technical Author, Standardization Project Manager, Policy Project Manager or Content Programme Manager.
Webrecruit and BSI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to progress your career as an Editorial Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.