Senior .Net Developer / Software Developer / Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Net Developer
Salary: £35,827 - £45,000 per annum
Position: Permanent, Full time (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 9 am Monday 1st October 2018
The Organisation is the team behind many of Great Britain's most successful sports. They worked with 93% of the athletes and 31 of the 34 sports that won a medal for Team GB and Paralympics GB at the Rio 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games. As the country's largest provider of sport science, medicine and technology, they also provide a range of added-value benefits to the sports we work with including cutting-edge innovation.
As a software developer working as part of the Sport Intelligence team, you will play an integral role in the development of new features, the enhancement and integration of existing systems along with creating new products. This is a new role within the team and offers the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including planning, design, development and delivery of software solutions utilised by the UK's high-performance sport system. The Institute is looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to service the needs of elite sport staff and athletes with innovative software.
As part of this 'team behind the team', you will be contributing to the on-going success and continuous improvement of systems such as the Organisation Performance Data Management System (PDMS), which enables the capture, storage and management of data that is generated by the practitioners, elite athletes and coaches across Olympic and Paralympic sports.
Main Tasks and Activities:
- Lead components of software development for applications and products throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Develop a technical understanding of existing applications and products, in order to provide effective support for technical queries, live incidents and issues.
- Build relationships with existing third-party development providers, gradually taking ownership of existing processes and code management.
- Provide support in the definition of the appropriate delivery and deployment approach for new features and existing feature enhancements.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to identify new opportunities and technical improvements.
- Identify ways to ensure quality of output is of a consistently high standard.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple organisations, maintaining relationships with key project stakeholders.
- Play an active role in agile meeting ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint planning, review and retrospective sessions.
- Develop relationships with the wider team to understand data challenges and other software that is used within the high-performance system.
- A minimum of three years' experience in developing bespoke software utilising the following technologies:
- NET web API
- RESTful APIs
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- SQL Azure
- Azure Cloud Services
- Proven experience of working in an agile software development environment, to create and improve digital products and services.
- Proven experience in balancing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of best practice design principles when creating relational and non-relational database systems.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise own workload, balancing conflicting demands and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of various agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, BDD and TDD.
- Ability to troubleshoot to overcome technical challenges with pragmatism and patience.
- An ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences in fluent English.
They are a dynamic, growing and fast-moving organisation that will offer you a flexible, positive, stimulating and challenging work environment with real opportunities to make the best better. Working for them brings its rewards not only in its salary and benefits package, but also in the opportunities for learning and career development.
Note: This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Senior Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Engineer, ASP, RESTful API, Azure Cloud Services, Android Apps, SharePoint, Support, SQL Developer, SQL Support, Programmer, SQL Engineer, Developer, IT Engineer, IT Support, Systems Implementation, WebAPI, SQL Server may also be considered for this role.